Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Decisions

Making decisions is just so hard. I decided yesterday that I was just going to move back to Virginia. I hadn't heard anything about any jobs, and I think I may have found a sub-leaser and after talking to my whole family in Virginia I decided moving home for a while sounded great.

Then today I got a call from Discovery Cove! Well of course! Mind you, I have not been offered the job, I am swim testing next Monday, but now it is very likely I will be offered a position there. I have been praying about seminary and asking others for advice and I am not convinced RTS Orlando is the seminary for me. I think it is a great seminary and I do not doubt I would learn a ton there, but they do not have a missions degree. I have been encouraged to spend some time on the field first and then go to seminary. That does sound like a wise plan.

The 2 reasons for me to stay in Orlando are all the wonderful people I know and seminary. But my reason for moving to Virginia is my whole family now lives there. My brother and sister-in-law moved there recently and my aunt, uncle and cousins are in northern VA. So that is a huge draw for me to come home.

I think being happy with what you are doing is so important. I don't want to "work to live" I want to just live life and enjoy it! Money isn't important (I know my parents would love for me to support myself and I do agree:)), but I don't want to get some job just to make ends meat. So I have tons of thoughts going through my mind. I thought God was going to give me one clear path, but He certainly has other ideas. I am such a mess.

Do y'all have any input? I would love to hear it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pamela! I'll be praying for you as you make those tough decisions. My advice is exactly what you have been doing in seeking people's advice and praying. I don't know what kind of job you could find in Virginia, but if you've found someone to sub-lease your house, and with so many doubts about RTS I would say think seriously about returning to Virginia. Although I would say try to find a job there... I don't know how easy that would be, but that would be good too. Lets talk soon! I loved having breakfast with you Saturday!

Unknown said...

Choices...choices...choices. One thing I know for sure - God opens and closes doors as He would have you go. Go where He leads.

Unknown said...

Pamela,
Tough, huh? I would love to talk to you in person. Come on over or give me a call!! I am praying for you.

Kelly

Allison said...

I miss your musk...