Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Shopping


Street Vendors

Downtown

Look at the power lines!

The past couple of days I have gone shopping with Erin to get various things around La Ceiba. Pretty much you can find what you need, but rather than making one quick stop at Target or Wal-Mart, you have to make more like 10 stops to get all of the items you need. We went to one store for furniture, one for a bed (different from the furniture store), another stop for sheets and towels and yet another store for blankets. Then we went to a Department store where you could actually get pretty much all the main department store stuff, and a couple other stops in there. The employees in the stores work on commission, so when they see a couple gringos walk in they pretty much stick right by us helping us all they can. Everything we picked out they would take up to the front and they would always offer to help us to our car. I am sure at times this is annoying, but I really enjoyed the good service! I have enjoyed being able to live with the Pettengills this past week and ask them my tons of questions and just see what it is like to be an American missionary living in another culture.
Tomorrow we are going back out to Armenia Bonita for ESL class and Erin (who is a nurse) will have a clinic aferwards for whoever wants to be seen. I am excited to see the kids from last week again!

1 comment:

kelly said...

Fun! And crazy. That's a lot of stops to get what you need. And to think I get annoyed when I have to stop at Walmart to get a few things. :)
Congrats on the Seaworld callback :)