Sunday, October 19, 2008

Autumn in Birmingham




This weekend my roommate Allison and I have been in Birmingham visiting my dear friend Sarah for her 23rd Birthday. Sarah is an RUF Intern at Birmingham Southern. Allison and I know Sarah from RUF at UCF (Happy Birthday Sarah!). Last week I was feeling a bit stressed about life, what to do, looking for a job, etc. This weekend has been a wonderful break. Yesterday Sarah, Allison and I spent the day in the Birmingham Botanical Garden. We had a picnic and just strolled around enjoying the crisp fall weather, the flowers and the changing leaves. We made homemade pizza for dinner and carved pumpkins and enjoyed baked pumpkin seeds and hot chocolate. I also had the chance to meet up with Joanna, one of the Kenya Interns (who goes to Samford University in Birmingham) and catch up and reminisce. It has been wonderful to be with sweet friends who love and encourage me in the midst of me being a mess, worrying about life. This morning we went to Sarah's church and I was encouraged by the reminder that Christ is indeed on His throne and is working out all things for His glory. I still have not heard anything on the job front. I am continuing to wait to hear about my old job and I have continued to apply for teaching jobs in Orlando. I am praying about seminary and missions and trying to decide whether or not to pursue seminary now or later. Thank you to those who have been praying.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah the Fall - I do miss the colors! We continue to pray for your job hunt, and your soul searching for the next thing God has planned for you!

kelly said...

Beautiful pictures. So glad it was a great trip. Still praying...