Monday, June 2, 2008

Kenya Take A Hike?

Today was another adventure to go into town for groceries. We walked about 5 miles to the grocery store and I got some cold milk and peanut butter and 2 candy bars. The milk they give us here is fresh from the cow (it is boiled so it is safe to drink), but I wanted some cold milk for my cereal milk that wasn’t so rich! I got 3% milk (they don’t have 2%). The food here is very good. It is made from scratch for us. There are cows and chickens and sheep and goats on the compound where we live. Last night they served lamb, or goat. I don’t know…I chose not to eat it :). We have breakfast, lunch and dinner here at the compound. Except on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, then we will eat at the church. I haven’t been sick so far. Praise the Lord. Today Pastor Imbumi is bringing several people from the church to talk to us about their ministries and let us know what all we will be helping with this summer. I’ll keep you all posted. Love hearing from you all.

4 comments:

Mike S said...

Glad you are eating well...remember no lions, tigers and bears oh my... D...

Mike S said...

tell us what you are next to, and i will run google earth to locate. D

Unknown said...

I just got back from St Louis and I am so glad to be able to hear from you! It sounds amazing and I am glad that the children are so sweet. I miss you. Shlee

Unknown said...

5 miles for 2 candy bars? I hope they were delicious!

I'm glad you arrived safely. Your airport story was hilarious (in retrospect--I'm sure it wasn't funny while you were running up and down those stairs). God is good!

Helen