Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we went to the girls' shelter and played and helped with homework. I have been getting to know a little girl named Trufenna. We did math and science together which are my two worst subjects. She is in fourth grade and I am pretty sure she taught me more than I taught her :) I love going there though and hanging out with the girls- they are totally refreshing to be around.

Yesterday we went to an elephant orphanage and the giraffe center. I had a complete blast! We played with the baby elephants and kissed the giraffes and we even got to pet a rhino. It had been released from the orphanage but keeps returning and it was hanging out in the parking lot! I was a little nervous about petting a "wild" rhino, but we all did anyways! We also saw lots of warthogs running around. For lunch we went to Java House and I had a burger and chips (french fries really) and a chocolate milkshake. I was in heaven!

6 comments:

kelly said...

I am so jealous!! I have a thing for giraffes. I think I want one for the K Ranch. Ande says no.

Unknown said...

You got to pet a giraffe!!! I love giraffes!! They are my fav zoo animals...but of course you know that! Miss you bunches!

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to hear about what's going on. I can just see you working with the children. You are so gifted in this area. Your sweet gentle spirit will be such a blessing to these little ones! Glad you got to see the animals - sounds like a lot of fun! I guess today is the day you are hearing from all of us giraffe lovers :)
Take Care - you are in our prayers.

Allison said...

You kissed a giraffe? Thats pretty gross. I took my test yesterday and it was ok, not that great.
1.5 months until we live together.
Hope all is well. Love on those kids!!

Allison said...

I've been thinking...since you're in Kenya, maybe you'll run into Bear shooting Man vs. Wild. Can you bring me back Bear? That would be great, thanks!
Well, we will have to relive my birthday when you come back, except maybe I will not get sick.

Allison said...

Update: I'm a nurse.