Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

I’ve been thinking recently how it bothers me that I can’t share about Jesus with my students since I’m a public school teacher. This past weekend I was praying for my kids and praying that even though I can’t talk about my faith that I would find opportunities to show them the love of Christ. Well a few weeks ago I asked my grade level if they wanted to go to the play, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. They thought it sounded fun, so I arranged it, and I got copies of the book for us to read in class. As I have been reading the book to my class I have been pleasantly surprised about how much it explains about the Christmas story. It has scripture and everything. I have read the book before, but just forgot how great it was. What an answer to prayer that I am allowed to read this book to my kiddos. Tomorrow we are going to see the play and I’m hoping it will be close to the book and explain that Jesus came to be the Savior of the world!


2 comments:

Allison said...

We did that play once at church and I was in it. Looooong time ago!! I was like 6 I think.

Elizabeth Denise said...

Thats one of the things I love about my private school, I can talk about Jesus all and I want. My teacher assistant and I try to as much as possible especially with Christmastime we related everything to Jesus and tried not to do too much Santa and present stuff. It's weird bc although it's a christian school a lot of the parents are not christian so we try to do things intentionally that they can take home and talk to their parents about.