Saturday, December 4, 2010

Behold the Lamb of God

This past Thursday and Friday I went to a conference for work. While I was thankful for the opportunity to go and learn new things I came away from the conference questioning some things. First of all it seems to me that educators are always told all of the things that we are doing wrong, never well. We are constantly being told to fix this, change that, or do it another way. Besides that, I have been questioning what I am able to do and say as a public school teacher. I can pray for my kids, and love them, and teach them to the best of my ability, but I can never share about Jesus with them. This is hard for me. It is making me think about what I’ll do in a few years, once I return from Uganda.

Last night I was able to attend a concert in Richmond with my mama. The conference I was attending was in Williamsburg and another teacher had driven me there. So my mom picked me up in Williamsburg and we drove a little further north to Richmond for the Andrew Peterson, Behold the Lamb of God concert. I had the chance to go to this concert about three years ago when I was living in Orlando and absolutely loved it. This is a description of the Behold the Lamb of God concert from Andrew Peterson’s website.

“Named one of the 10 best albums of the decade, Behold the Lamb of God is a collection of songs about Jesus. Since 2000, Andrew Peterson and his friends have performed Behold the Lamb around the country, telling again and again this "true myth", as C.S. Lewis called it, this tale that's bigger than life, but is—astonishingly—true. The tour has become a yearly tradition not just for Andrew and the other artists on the tour, but for families and churches who attend the concert each season. The live concert, like the album, is a community effort, featuring singer/songwriters Jill Phillips, Andy Gullahorn, Ben Shive, Andrew Osenga and more, and over the years has featured artists such as Alison Krauss, Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, Buddy Miller, Phil Keaggy, Sixpence None the Richer, David Wilcox, Pierce Pettis, Mindy Smith, Ron Block, Brandon Heath, Bebo Norman, Stuart Duncan, Eric Peters, and Randall Goodgame—all in the name of proclaiming the birth, death, and resurrection of Christ.” 

If you have the chance to catch this concert, they tour all over the country and I highly recommend you check it out. If nothing else, buy the album and I know you won’t be disappointed. I was excited to meet Andrew Peterson after the concert and had him autograph his children's book for Rwenzori Mission School. I’m excited to take it to Uganda to share with my future students.

Next weekend I’m going to be in Orlando. Some dear friends are hosting coffee nights on Saturday and Sunday so I can share more about Uganda. If you are in Orlando and would like to come please let me know and I’ll send you an invitation.

1 comment:

Allison said...

If you are missing your copy of the CD...hunt down Alex Charles.
Wish I could've gone with you. Glad you went tho, you almost missed it! Can't wait to see you.