Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why I'm a Teacher

Sometimes in the midst of the craziness of teaching I wonder why I decided to do this. I often reflect on other jobs I've had in life and other careers I've considered and wonder if I have made the best choice. Well as I was grading my kids' Writing Journals this weekend I was reminded of why I wanted to become a teacher. This is the entry from one of my students.

My Teacher Miss Stephens
Miss Stephens makes me so happy and proud of myself. I love doing stuff with her like reading and getting help with answers on my test.

Yes, it was a short entry, but just what I needed as I had spent hours grading papers and needed some encouragement. I often wonder if my students are feeling helped and cared for. With 27 kids in my class it is hard to devote time and attention to each one. At least one of them feels cared for :) My prayer is that I will find ways to uniquely care for each one of my students.

1 comment:

Allison said...

If I was your student, thats exactly what I would write. Thats what I would write if I was your friend.