Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Exhausted

Life is ridiculously busy and it is beginning to wear on me. I work about 60-70 hours per week and my mind never really stops thinking about school. I stress about not being prepared enough, not returning all of the parent calls, notes, and emails from the day, not covering all that I wanted to, having to get after my kids, having to do it all again tomorrow. I need a break. It’s the 6th week of school and I am completely exhausted. I don’t know if it will get better. Sometimes I think that it will, and sometimes I think about the pile of things on my desk that keeps growing, and I wonder how it will get better.

Support raising is slow. I am dragging my feet I suppose. I want to raise support and share about Uganda, but I don’t want to ask for money. I have contacted some churches, made plans to speak at my community group, and purchased a plane ticket to Orlando to raise support there in December. 

Today I was able to speak with one of my Uganda teammates and it was very encouraging. She feels the same way I do in many ways. It is hard living in the moment God has me in now when I really long to be somewhere else. Time certainly has a way of getting away from me. This is exciting in some ways as I look forward to next year, and scary when I think about all that I should be doing now. Sigh…

No comments: