Friday, November 14, 2008

Now What?

Today I found out that I did not get the job at Discovery Cove. I applied for a job yesterday and found out today I didn't get that job either. Still haven't heard back on any of the positions in VA Beach (Special Ed. Assistant, Social Worker, Pre-school teacher). I have continued applying for teaching positions in Orlando and I am desperately looking for a sub-leaser for my room in Orlando. I can't afford to keep paying rent without a job.
I am still in Virginia with my family. This weekend I am up in Northern Virginia spending time with my Aunt Pam and cousins. It is refreshing to be with my family, but I am missing my friends in Orlando. I feel very overwhelmed with what to do. Through prayer and seeking counsel from others I do feel that I am called to go overseas and I am pursuing that now. Please pray that God would show me exactly where He wants me to go, becuse that is still a bit unclear to me.
Even in my sadness and frustration I know that God is drawing me to Him. I find myself calling on Him constantly in times like these. It is sad that it takes difficult situations for me to run to Christ. My prayer is that I will see how much I need my savior at all times...in the good and in the bad...I believe that, I just need to live it out.
Psalm 32:8~"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;I will counsel you with my eye upon you."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry my friend! What a big bummer! Prayers your way!

Sarah said...

Thanks for keeping us updated... though I imagine it must get frustrating to continual write about closed doors and changed plans.
Love you.

Allison said...

So sorry I had to gently break that news to you... But hey, at least I can roadtrip to see you. Can I buy your bed??