Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dolphin Trainer Turned Teacher/Missionary





A couple weekends ago I shared the exciting news that God has called several families, individuals, and a church to partner with me in my calling to Uganda and I have been blessed with 50% of the financial support needed to make the move! Without supporters here at home I would not be able to go live in Uganda and teach the kiddos of the World Harvest team in Bundibugyo. Missionaries are only able to go to the field because people at home are providing them with financial and prayer support that is vital to their ministry. Believe me when I say I know there are many giving to me sacrificially and I am SO grateful to each and every person supporting my calling. I have been blown away by the generosity people have shown me. It is completely humbling to have people supporting me financially and in prayer so I can go to Uganda. During the missions conference I shared that 5 years ago I never would have believed I would be where I am today. It is so true! Five years ago I wanted to train dolphins in Florida for the rest of my life. I NEVER thought Jesus would call me to be a missionary, and I NEVER thought He would send me to Africa! What a blessing that God did stir up a passion in my heart for teaching, Africa, and missions. Teaching is such a joy and I am excited that is what Jesus is sending me to do! Will you please pray that God will continue to miraculously provide the rest of the support I need? My prayer is that 4 supporters will commit to $50 a month, 4 supporters will commit to $100 a month, and 1 supporter will commit to $500 a month. If you or anyone you know might be interested in partnering with me please let me know. I LOVE being able to share about what Christ is doing in Bundibugyo, Uganda.

No comments: