Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goodbye First Grade, Hello Fourth Graders!

The kids made their own Dr. Seuss characters in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday. They were really cute!
These are maps that the kiddos made during our map unit. They had to invent their very own dream town.


These are pictures that the kids made about their dreams. We did a Leo Lionni author study and read this adorable book called Matthew's Dream. Matthew dreams about become a painter. The kids came up with some adorable ideas.

I haven't done much the past few weeks outside of student teaching, so I thought I'd post some pictures of the displays I made for the hallway.This is my last week with my first graders. I have absolutely loved student teaching with this group of kiddos. I have had a blast getting to know all of the kids and even thigh I know I still have tons to learn I can say that I have come a long way since the first lesson I taught. I feel so comfortable teaching now and I truly enjoy seeing the kids learn new things. On Monday I'll be heading to a new class- fourth grade! I'm a bit nervous about learning a whole new routine and I know fourth grade will be so different from first grade. I am excited to get this next placement underway though. I'll be back at the school where I normally work so it will be nice to see all of the kids I normally work with again. I am blessed to have great schools to student teach in.
I'm trying to figure out what I'll be doing in the fall. I'm applying to teach summer school in Virginia Beach and I'll be applying for teaching positions in Virginia Beach for the fall. I have also applied for a teaching position in Nairobi, Kenya. I'm pretty much open to going anywhere as long as I have a job!

No comments: