Saturday, March 13, 2010

Last Day of First Grade

These are adjective fish, which I like to call adjefish. The kids made fish combined with some of their favorite things. This was my favorite hall display to make.

This is my elefish.

One of the parents made this delicious cookie cake for my last day!

One day in class I told one of the students if he finished his work on time I would dance on the desk. Well he did, so I danced on the desk! Ever since that day the kids have been begging me to dance on the desk. So today for my last day I danced on every single student’s desk while they laughed uncontrollably.

These are some of the amazing gifts I received today. The kids made an adorable book for me and they all wrote me notes. These are a few of my favorite notes…

(Many of the kids made comments about Miss Nelson, and Miss Viola Swamp. I read these books to them about the sweet teacher, Miss Nelson, and her mean substitute, Miss Viola Swamp.)

Dear Miss Stephens,

You say kind words to us. You don’t sound like Miss V. Swamp. You sound sweet.

Love, Kiddo

Dear Miss Stephens,

1. You can be good at crafts. 2. You never frown.

Love, Kiddo

Dear Miss Stephens,

You have good ideas for lessons. And your ideas are stuck in my head. I just can’t get it out of my head.

Love, Kiddo

One of the gifts I received from the teacher I was working with was a notebook to write down the funny things kids say. The kiddos make me laugh every single day! Maybe one day I will publish a book with all of these funny quotes :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

when my my mom was pregnant with me, someone gave my mom a notebook to write down funny things her children said. And she did... they're hilarious.
I'm sure you'll have tons of great stories from the classroom!

Unknown said...

clearly, i am not the only person who thinks that you need to write a book with all the funny things your students say :)

Allison said...

You never frown...they must have never lived with you. Can't wait to see you next weeeeek!!!! I miss you!

Pamela said...

Allison, I'm sure I have no idea what you mean! :)