Friday, September 23, 2011

Chrissy Comes to Visit!

Two weeks from today I'll be leaving for Uganda! It has been 15 days since my surgery and I am feeling great. My nose is still very swollen (but will be for a few months apparently). My black eyes are almost gone, but I still have a lot of redness in my eyes. Most of the stitches inside my nose fell out today and I can tell a difference in my breathing today also. It is slowly improving and I am anxiously awaiting the day that I will be able to breathe better than before the surgery! This past week Chrissy, who will be my roommate in Uganda, came to visit. Chrissy was in Uganda for 6 months and is in the States for a while, but should be returning soon. Since Chrissy has spent time in Bundibugyo I loved being able to ask her my thousands of questions about our house, what to pack, the people in Bundi, and just tons of questions about Uganda. I'm looking forward to having Chrissy as a roommate :)
This Gibbon was flirting with Chrissy :)
After our trip to the zoo we ate lunch at a restaurant on the beach.
Another incredible concert by the Avett Brothers!

1 comment:

Chrissy Chip said...

You bet that gibbon was flirting with me. We were having a serious dance contest. It was so fun being with you and that concert was amazing! Feel free to call with more questions in the final 5-day countdown :) I'm sending you notes to hand out soon!