Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sister Time

Last weekend my sister, Becca, drove all the way from Columbia, MO to spend the weekend with me. Pre-Field training for Uganda has been a paradox, which I'm learning is also true of life on the mission field. Before coming to training I had perhaps an overly optimistic view of what life might be like in Uganda. I have been told the reality of missions, I've even experienced it in a small dose. I prefer to focus on the positive side of things, sometimes denying reality. Being at Mission Training International has given me a healthy dose of reality. I needed this training, and I have no doubt that God is refining me for the mission field. The refining process can be painful at times though. Having Becca come spend four days with me in-between the two sessions I'm attending in Colorado was a welcome and necessary reprieve. We had a blast hiking, skydiving, zip-lining, whitewater rafting, attending a baseball game, spending the day at a water park, and just being together. There is one-week left of language acquisition training and I have to admit I have mixed feelings about leaving Colorado. I will miss the friends I have made here and the perfect weather, but I can’t wait until next week when I will be laying on the beach with my friends and sisters J

No comments: