Saturday, November 13, 2010

Things I Love

As I mentioned in my last post, time is flying by. I am enjoying many things this year that I know I will miss next year.

I am enjoying visiting friends on the weekends in nearby cities. I am loving the beautiful fall weather and gorgeous changing leaves. I am enjoying teaching 4th grade. I love coming home to my pup Addie every day. I love having my brother and sister-in-law down the street. I love spending time with my mom and dad. I am excited that my sister will be home for a week at Thanksgiving and 3 weeks at Christmas. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas at home with family. I am looking forward to visiting friends in Orlando. I am looking forward to a trip to NYC with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law.

Thinking of all of these things is bittersweet because they are things that I will miss so much once I am in Uganda. But I am all the more thankful for the gifts God has given me. One thing I am loving and will not have to leave behind is Christmas music. I have officially pulled all of the Christmas CDs out and they make me smile :)

No comments: