Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Funny Story

I began student teaching yesterday and the first couple of days have been great. I LOVE the class of first graders I’m working with. They are a VERY smart bunch. I will be teaching my first lesson to them on Friday. I’m teaching about bones…the anatomy class I took last Spring should be helpful!

So here is my first funny kiddo story:

Teacher: “Boys and girls your spelling words for the week have the ‘dr’ sound at the beginning. Do you know what letters make the ‘dr’ sound?”

Kids: “D-R!!”

Teacher: “That’s right! And can you tell me some words that begin with D-R?”

Kids: “Drape, Drink, Drag, Dress, Drum…”

Funny Kiddo: “Drawe”

Teacher: “What? What is Drawe?”

Kiddo: “Ya know…drawe”

Kids: “Oh he means like draw the curtains shut.”

Funny Kiddo: “No no. Not like curtains. I mean DRAWE! (gestures down)”

So the teacher looks at me and is like what?! And I point to my hip and say drawers.

Teacher: “Ohhhhhh! Like underwear!”

Funny kiddo: “YEAH! Drawes!!!”

Teacher: “You’re saying drawers. Haha. Yes, that is a word for underwear or for drawers that we pull out of a dresser.”

2 comments:

Fitz said...

i love kids

Unknown said...

and that, my friend, is why i read your blog! thanks for the laugh... and good luck with friday's lesson (keep up with the funny posts, too... you'll want an achieve of the memories eventually... and when you become a rich, and possibly famous author, you can thank me for the encouragement to write down your funny stories!)