Saturday, January 31, 2009

Made it through the GRE

I did it! I took the GRE! It feels good to have it out of the way. I would like to take it again this summer, but considering the fact I didn't study for it (since I am focusing on anatomy) I was pretty happy with my scores. Anatomy is going ok. It is pretty hard though and I miss all the free time I had before it started. I have no clue what I am going to do and if I will actually use it. But whether I choose to enter the health field, or not, it is a very interesting class.
I have found a church in Virginia that I love. Trinity Presbyterian. They are in downtown Norfolk and they do a lot of outreach within the community. A couple weeks ago they hosted an event to house homeless people for a week at the church. There is a project here called NEST and all of the churches take turns housing the homeless in the winter. It was cool to go visit with the people who came to stay for the week.
Not much is new. Just working and studying a lot. I am looking forward to the summer. I am not sure what I am going to do yet this summer. I won't be working I don't think. As long as I get my job back for the fall I will take off the summer and continue to be a Special Ed Assistant for another year while I either take more classes or work on my teaching certificate. We'll see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get ready for Kenya Reunion this summer!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited :)

pannedreview said...

Congrats on getting through the GRE! I took it in October. And then I had to take the GRE Literature exam in November, which was even less fun.

How is life?