Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Prayer

During the first two weeks in October I will be in La Ceiba, Honduras living with the Pettengills, a missionary family who has recently begun a ministry there. They have a very busy month in October and it would be great, if you think of it, if you could include them on your prayer list. This is a list of prayer requests.
I still am without a job and I am trying to trust that God has a plan for my life, but of course I am a mess, and I have a hard time just resting and trusting in Christ. Please pray that I would continue to search dilligently for a job and that I would be realistic, but also that I would trust in Christ to provide the right opportunity in His perfect timing. I had an interview last week with Wycliffe Bible Translators, and I was not offered the job, but I am excited about what this organization is doing, and may be interested in working with them in the future. Please also pray that my time spent in Honduras will be a time of growth and will give me further insight into overseas missions.

5 comments:

mikepettengill said...

can't wait for you to get here...we are praying for your job, plans and travel

Danielle said...

World traveler!! Your heart for missions is inspiring. As for your job search, I know it can be so hard. You know Kathleen works for Wycliffe? Its hard to believe they wouldn't offer you a job. Keep trying!

Sarah said...

I'm praying for you, Pamela, that the truth of Jesus holding tight to you would be comforting in the midst of all this uncertainty. Please know you're not alone... love you.

Allison said...

No joke there!! Number 33!! I'm sad I have to wait to watch it.

CR said...

Hi Pamela,

Just wondering how you're doing on what plan the Lord has for your life. I'm the one that forwarded the link from MacArthur to Mike to share with you.

Blessings,

Carlo