Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More Ants...Again...

This afternoon Anna and I came into the house through the back kitchen door and immediately noticed ants on the dishes. Initially I though…oh man, I guess we shouldn’t have left any dirty dishes out. Then we noticed ants covering the sink, and the clean dishes, and the entire counter, and the walls, and the floors…lines of ants were pouring through the windows. We ran screaming out of the room realizing they were Safari Ants…the biting kind! We started brushing off our legs and feet to ensure they weren’t crawling on us. Then we went to work. We got out the Doom and started spraying it all over them. The Doom brought out the roaches…Anna, who is braver than me, stomped all the roaches to death while I squealed like a little girl. Josh and Anna then proceeded to pour kerosene on the lines of ants outside to deter them away from the house.  Oh how I hate Safari Ants…
Safari Ants on the rocks outside our kitchen door. This is just a teeny tiny pile from the colony :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Pamela that is awful! I wish I was there to scream like the little girl I am with you!:)

Allison said...

Eww...those are gross. But you are so brave! Love you much

Jeff said...

Careful with the kerosene, you don’t want to burn down your house while chasing ants. Go for safer home remedies, like vinegar and boiling water. Essential oils such as lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus will work too. If you want to get rid of these ants permanently, the best is to find and destroy their habitat. Jeffrey @ BugManiacs.com