Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Still Searching

I'm still on the hunt for a job. I have applied to MANY teaching jobs in Virginia Beach. I had one interview at Providence, but I found out yesterday that I did not get the job :( Bummer. I have an interview tomorrow for a fifth grade position at another school.

I've been teaching summer school, although in a position I did not think I wanted. I was offered a kindergarten position for summer school, but because I do not have my license in hand (it is still in the LONG approval process at the state headquarters) I lost that job :( Fortunately there was a special education assistant position. I am working in 11 classrooms. My job is to work with all of the kids with IEPs (special ed.). I am actually really enjoying it because I am getting to observe many different teachers and I'm working in three different grade levels, so I feel like I'm learning a lot. I am really looking forward to having my own classroom for an entire year. What a treat that will be for me after all of this transitioning the past couple of years.

Please pray that my interview will go well on Thursday (it's at 11:30) and that if it's God's will I will get the job! I am trusting that God has just the right place in mind for me :) and maybe it isn't the worst thing to get some interview experience!
One more thing, I am going to Philadelphia the last week of July for Assessment and Orientation with World Harvest. If I am approved by them during this week then I can begin raising support to go to Uganda a year from now.

1 comment:

kelly said...

how was the interview??!?! thinking of you lately. talked to fitz a couple days ago and was sad you both won't be able to come to the hospital to visit us like you did when owen was born. :)

God will provide! remind yourself!