Saturday, August 1, 2009

Glimpses of Peru

Throughout the week I played with kids at the medical clinics while they were waiting to see the pediatricians.


Group photo at ruins that are over 2000 years old. Amazing!


This little girl is Valeria. She has to be one of the smartest kids I've ever met and she was so patient with my Spanish :) She was able to meet with one of the elders from the church and really wants to come to church! Meeting her was one of the highlights of my trip.

On the beach in Trujillo



This was atop some Inca ruins with the Andes Mountains in the background

Machu Picchu! This place is INCREDIBLE! These 1200 year old Inca ruins were never discovered by the Spanish when Spain conquered Peru, so they are very intact. We got to walk around down in the ruins sitting atop the beautiful Andes Mountain Range. It was completely surreal.


This was the view from the window of the train :)

I had an amazing time in Peru! The missions part of the trip was wonderful and I loved playing with the kids and learning a little more Spanish :) There are tons of great stores that I will share on here over the next few days.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Breathtaking views.
Can't wait to hear the stories.
Welcome back!

Ashley said...

wow pammy...it looks like you had an amazing time and got to see some really incredible things!