Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer is Here!

I am taking a break for a moment to update this blog...a much needed break!

I have been taking two classes for the past eight weeks and they come to a close this Friday. I have everything finished...except one 15 page paper that I am about half-way through. Well y'all know how I LOVE to procrastinate! Yeah...it's really catching up to me this time. Next week I am taking a week-long intensive course at Liberty University in Lynchburg. I am supposed to do some prep work before I get there. Well I was thinking I was just going to have to prepare a 3-5 minute presentation on an educational thinker. I chose John Calvin so I figured it would be fun/interesting/easy. Well...it was. I finished it today. What I failed to realize it that I also have to read 2 rather thick books, define about 50 terms in my own words, and fill out a chart on the philosophical beliefs of 12 philosophers. Philosophy=not fun for me. Well, apparently I should have paid better attention and been working on this for a while. But somehow I will get it done. I always do. And then I can enjoy my summer!

Also, I have been teaching swim lessons for the past two weeks. My kiddos have ranged in ages from 4-10. I LOVE teaching swim lessons! It is fun to have a break from homework and get outside and play in the pool with the kiddos. We talk to the fish and blow bubbles and swim like superman :)

I can't wait until Independence Day! It is one of my absolutely favorite holidays...if not my fav. I just love being outside, eating ALL the yummy food, being with friends and family, and who doesn't love fireworks! This time last year I was in Kenya planning for the big 4th of July Party at the Girl's Shelter. I miss those girls...but I am also happy to be with my family this 4th :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What is it with you and the water, my friend? You went from splashing with dolphins to splashing with children. ;-)
Enjoy your break from school!

Allison said...

I love 4th of July too!! One of my favorite days to eat a watermelon and be outside!