Friday, February 20, 2009

Ceiling Fans and Other Electronics

So there is this precious little boy in my class who says the most hilarious things to me and I just thought I would share a few of them. I don’t know if they are as funny if you aren’t there when he says them…but I’ll share anyways.

I won’t give his real name…so we’ll just call him Kiddo :)
Keep in mind that each of these quotes took place on a different day.

1. Kiddo: Miss Stephens I love to go to Wal-Mart and go to the fan department and look at all the ceiling fans.

2. Me: Ok kids, we are going to make a list of things you would like to give or receive as Christmas gifts so you can write about them.
Kiddo: How about a ceiling fan!

3. Kiddo: Miss Stephens guess what I got for my birthday?
Me: What!?
Kiddo: A ceiling fan!
Me: Oh did you put it in your bedroom?
Kiddo: No. It is in the kitchen.

4. Me (during a spelling test): Spell the word hunter.
Kiddo: Miss Stephens! Did you know Hunter is a brand of ceiling fan?

Ok, so then after all of the interest in ceiling fans he moved on to other household appliances.

5. Kiddo: Miss Stephens! Can you still buy a TV with a hump on the back?
Me: I have no idea.
Kiddo: Well what about a computer? Can you still buy a computer with a hump on the back.
Me: Ya know, I really am just not sure.
Kiddo: Well my mom thinks those things will take up too much space if they have a hump on the back.

6. Kiddo: Miss Stephens, did you know that in my house we have defective outlets?
Me: Wow! Really? What do you mean?
Kiddo: Well when I plug in my game cube the outlet sparks. When my grandma plugged in the Christmas Star it sparked. So now we have to use surge protectors.

7. Kiddo: Miss Stephens can you still but a VHS player in the store?
Me: I am really not sure!

Ok, this is his most recent one that he asked me today :)

8. Kiddo: Miss Stephens! Can you still buy a rotary phone in the store?
Me: I don’t know. Maybe at a thrift store or a flea market.
Kiddo: Oh.
Me: How do you even know what that is?!
Kiddo: I don’t know.

He just keeps me laughing everyday!
Third-graders are hilarious. I think I want to be a teacher just so I can hear all the funny things kids say and do. I love them! I think they are so precious. Of course they can be trying at times, but I am really loving being in the classroom :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am slightly concerned about this child's obsessions...

miss you!!

kelly said...

Okay, this cracked me up. Even funnier when Allison told me a REGULAR student was behind the ceiling fan excitement. She had to explain to me what a tv with a hump was. I can't believe I didn't know!!! So funny!