Monday, January 7, 2008

To Visit Orphans

Hello All,

My name is Pamela and welcome to my blog. I will be spending the summer in Kenya as an intern with Mission to the World. I am going with a team of seven other interns, and together we will be working with street kids and orphans. I leave in May and it can't come soon enough! Please be in prayer though because there is much political unrest in Kenya due to the recent presidential elections. Please also pray for the hearts of the Kenyans my team and I will be interacting with. And I also ask that you pray for the team as we prepare to go. Your prayers are certainly coveted!

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans, and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." James 1:18

1 comment:

kelly said...

I just found your blog! So excited for you! Can't wait to see what you have to say.